Assistant Manager – Self Storage
Costa Mesa, CA
We are looking for someone who is high energy, a positive person, a team player and is self-motivated. We are a growing company and like to promote within. If you’re punctual, responsible, a self-starter with a strong work ethic, we would like to hear from you!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary responsibility is to work with the Site Manager and insure the efficient operation of a self-storage facility. Duties include maximizing occupancy, controlling delinquencies, maintaining appearance to StorAmerica’s standards, working in a safe manner and promoting safety on property at all times and adhering to all StorAmerica policies. The position is not limited to the description below.
• Provide outstanding customer service at all times.
• Open and close the office each day in a timely manner.
• Show and rent spaces.
• Answer telephone inquiries and provide administrative assistance to tenants.
• Perform lock checks at least twice each day.
• Maintain facility, clean hallways and vacated spaces.
• Control delinquencies through phone contact and letters on a scheduled basis.
• Perform minor maintenance as required on the property.
• Stock and sell locks and other merchandise as directed.
• Keep petty cash up to date and balanced; reconcile deposits.
• Schedule use of moving truck for tenants and process truck rental paperwork. May be required to drive rental truck.
NOTE: The job duties for the Assistant Manager are identical to those of the Site Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. Customer service, property management, accounts receivable or accounts payable, collection experience is helpful.
• Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and a minimum level of auto insurance must be maintained.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
We offer full benefits (401K. medical, dental, vision). Starting pay is $11.00 per hour + bonuses.
You can find out more about our company at www.castorage.com
***APPLICANT MUST TAKE AND SUCCESSFULLY PASS A BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG TEST.